Sunday, January 26, 2014

In the Spotlight + Mini Challenge... with Diana Fernandez

 Happy Sunday!
It's time again for another mini-challenge/designer spotlight.
I am so glad that I get to host the challenge this week!

Hi by the way, I'm Diana Fernandez, (check out my blog here).
I've been here with Anything But a Card Challenges since the beginning! I have loved every challenge, and so enjoy all of the amazing entries we get!

I guess this is the part where
I'm supposed to tell y'all about me.

I live in the fabulously HOT state of Arizona, where it's sunny almost all the time, and hot hot hot in the summer.  The winters however make it all worth while.

I work as a 911 operator and police dispatcher.  I get asked all the time how I do such a stressful job, and all I can say is for some of us it's a perfect fit.  The stress is there of course, but the rewards outweigh that stress, and knowing that I did something every day to help another person is amazing!

 

"How about your crafting? "Well, I am sorta new to the papercrafting world, I really only started a year and a half ago, but I just love creating something from a bunch of paper and some embellishments. At first I was mostly just making cards, and then I did some Smash booking, and after meeting a group of crafters from Meetup.com I decided it was time for me to be a blogger. Yes, my husband looked at me sideways when I said "I'm going to blog that, but I have stuck with it, and I love hearing all the fabulous comments from my "followers," and I just adore playing along with Challenges. My blog * Creations For a Star * can be found here.

I wish I could tell you that I'm super innovative, and have invented the newest trend, but honestly I feel that I'm always learning – mostly through YouTube video's, and by reading lots and lots of blogs (I love tutorials!)... And then I just try it!

 

Most often my Big Kitty Koa is in the craft room with me. He's a big baby, and loves to jump in my chair when I get up to get something. It's hard to say say no to such a sweet boy though!

That's how I got into art journaling. It's a perfect vehicle to try something that you might be hesitant to try initially! And there are lots of video's and tutorials to give you idea's on how to get started!



So can you see where this is headed?? That's right, My challenge to all of you out there is to do an art journal page.... "But Diana, I don't have an art journal". Thats ok, you don't have to have a whole journal to try this out! Yep, you can do it on any sort of blank page you want. Then if you find it's something that you really like you could always bind all your pages together!

Soo, I have this fab page to share with you!


Lots of paint, and a fabulous daisy stamp from Stampendous in the middle. Plus I got to try out some of my "fancy" writing!
Ahh... I love my white gel pen!


And my challenge to you is to do an art page. 
 Go ahead and try something new! I look forward to seeing your creations.

* * * * * * * * *

Please join us next Sunday for a brand new Challenge - No. 32. Have a great week!

7 comments:

  1. Lovely to get to know you some more, Diana... I'm journalling more this year, so hope to fit this in this week!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super Spotlight Diana! I can imagine how satisfying your job would be most of the time. Love your challenge so I just may find some play time too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your work! My dd lives in Phoenix!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous spotlight Diana - and lovely that you do indeed love your job. A bit of a tight week but hope to be able to join the in challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pages Diana. so fun getting to know you. Saw you on the Smeared and Smudged Kickstart your Art challenge and came here to play along too. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is my first time here and I would love to play too Thank you fore the invite IaM MaryRedford I been stamping for like 20 yrs plus ands iam sorry I dont do much drawing.....

    ReplyDelete